3GS usb cable non pinchable - could damage 3gs connector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TwoBytes, Jul 18, 2009.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

2. alFR macrumors 68020

they brought these connectors in a while ago and there haven't been any reports of problems that I've seen, so I'd say you're safe.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

I can't imagine Apple would send a charging/data cable that would damage the phone. I think you're safe.

4. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

although i can imagine apple taking that feature away as it costs more money to produce these leads and then expecting us to buy more iphones because our connectors are loose ;)

5. DEdwards2204 macrumors member

DEdwards2204

Or Apple spends time and money fixing the loose dock connectors.

6. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Hehe... :D

7. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

That connector style has come with every iPhone released so far. As a day 1 owner of the first iPhone, and someone who is always plugging in/unplugging I can assure you, there's nothing to worry about.

8. lavinci macrumors 6502

If it will be a problem, it is covered under warranty

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The phone is supposed to be easy to unplug when a call come in. Thats why the cable isn't pinchable and nothing bad happens if you disconnect it from your mac without unmounting it first.

10. yum114 macrumors member

I rather the pinch kinds. I havent had any problems with the new cables messing my phone up but it seems the new cables are made alot cheaper. they come apart very easily like the plastic at the base of the plug-in part comes loose. Ive had about 3 of these cables do this

11. Magsec4 macrumors member

I like the newer style cable, not only is it easier to remove (but not too easy, such that it would fall off), but I was always worried about the width of the connector.... it always looked to me like i would accidentally twist it sideways at some point and break off the connector inside the device.

The new ones are much less wide, easier to unplug (especially with one hand) and I've been using one for 2 years (I think) with no problems.

:)