3GS - Useless Internet Through Cell Provider

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheGrudge, Aug 9, 2010.

1. TheGrudge macrumors member

TheGrudge

I have a 3GS through Telus here in Canada (Ontario). I got the phone in Jan of this year and it's worked very well up until tha past 2-3 weeks. The problem is that the Internet works just fine when I'm at home on wifi, but on 3G I get nothing but a spinning pinwheel. I just drove across my city with my phone in my lap and it just sat there with the wheel spinning and spinning. As soon as I pulled into my driveway, the wifi kicked in and it started working again.

My dad was having similar issues and telus told him to restore the phone. I've tried to do just that but still - terribly slow 3g.
    Any other ideas? Is this more likely to be a Telus problem, or an issue with my iPhone?

Oh forgot to mention, I have almost full signal while this goes on

2. BrokeMyi macrumors newbie

It could be a software error. If you have attempted to restore the iPhone and it STILL does not work, it can be one of two things:
    -Telus has changed the network in some way that it no longer works with the iPhones 3g capability (t-mobile in the US is like this, The 3g T-mobile provides is not compatible with the iPhone...Yet)
    -Both of the iPhones have some sort of hardware problem. (any water damage?)

Hope you get everything fixed up :)