3GS Users: Who is Skipping the 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Number 41, Oct 3, 2011.

?

Are you skipping the iPhone 4S?

1. Yes (staying w/ 3GS)

20.0%
  2. Yes (moving to Android/Windows/BB)

6.7%
  3. No (Upgrading to 4S)

73.3%
  1. Number 41 macrumors 6502a

My 3GS has a few small cracks around the ports, and the antenna doesn't pick up 3G service (stuck on edge), but the screen is still perfect and the phone is (apparently) supported fully for iOS5. I haven't seen anything rumored on the 4S that is worth wasting an upgrade credit.

Given what we know about the 4S, anyone else planning on skipping this iPhone to wait for the real improvements (bigger screen, 4G, NFC, no glass back) in the next iPhone?

2. brendu macrumors 68020

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

4. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

I am not signing another 2 year contract to be stuck in this "S" upgrade cycle. I dont want a 5S when it comes out it 2 years. I will upgrade to the 5 when it comes out. And that better be in 25 hours... Because if it isnt, I will be pissed

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I second that. Wait till a redesign. if you are happy keep it.

6. SiMBa37 macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat, and I do agree with being stuck in the "S" cycle, although I will be upgrading, even if it is a 4S. The Assistant feature will be game changing, and will likely need advanced hardware to run on.

I've said for a while that the time to buy an iPhone was with the iPhone 4. With 16 months until an update, most people will be eligble for an early upgrade without breaking a contract.

My brother-in-law buys a new iPhone every year, and is able to recoup $400-$500 on his prior model. It is possible to upgrade in a year, it just takes a bit more work and some extra cash.

7. LiveFreeDie macrumors regular

I've only had my 3GS for about and year and a half. If a new iPhone is announced tomorrow and has the same screen size as the iP4 and just a performance upgrade i'm thinking I will hold on to my 3GS for awhile longer.

However, if a new iPhone is announced with a bigger screen I will definitely upgrade right away.

8. 0x000000 macrumors 6502

Exactly this!

I won't switch to Android, but if there's a iPhone 4s, the utmost I'd buy is a used iPhone 4 off eBay or the 8gb crap-version.