3GS value?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CAWjr, Sep 13, 2011.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I know a bunch of folks sell their old iPhone in preparation for the new one & I am considering doing that with mine. The problem is that my 32GB black 3GS has been around the block a few times. I have never had a cover on it. The back is scratched up & there is a slight scratch on the face. The phone is functionally 100% perfect, just not aesthetically perfect. Now, it does not look like it was dragged behind a semi on concrete or anything, but it shows signs of wear.

Given that the phone is fully functional & only has cosmetic issues, what do you think the going rate would be? Is there a site or somewhere to see values besides looking at eBay ended auctions?

2. toddybody Guest

toddybody

eBay and Craigslist will be your best bet...other "trade in" sites will show lower values (as they in turn resell the phones to personal users). This is only personal opinion...but I would sell it ASAP and slightly below the average (not by much though). With the iP5 pending, theres going to be considerably more iPhone 3GS and 4's on the used market.

Cheers

3. HyperliteG4 macrumors regular

HyperliteG4

I kept mine in pretty good shape, minus a few scratches on the back but was able to sell it on eBay for $280. I had to jailbreak and unlock it though. The auctions where phones are jailbroken and unlocked seem to sell for much higher prices.

Here is a link to my auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320753325698