3Gs Video Recording/Editing Wishlist

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slip Jigs, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

After setting up the new phone and shooting some video, I ran into a disappointment or two. Quality and ease of use are excellent, just some features that I took for granted would be in there. Hopefully they eventually will.

Manually set frame rate. After shooting a few clips and importing them into Premiere Pro CS4, I discovered that the frame rate of these clips ranged from 15 to 30fps. That will make for some interesting editing. The phone decides which rate is best depending on lighting. I get it. Still, let me choose which setting to use, and let the lighting be my problem. Keep an "auto" option.

Manually set resolution. I may want to shoot at a smaller size to send over MMS. If I could set it, I wouldn't have to wait while it gets compressed and re-sized. And while they're had it, do the same for still photos now that we have 3 MPs.

Non Destructive Editing/Trimming OK, so not enough RAM for true NDE, <edited for brain fart>

Anything else?

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Isn't this enough?

[​IMG]

3. Slip Jigs thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Acronym macrumors 68000

im not big on manual framerates and resolutions bu tbeing able to set it would be a nice added feature.

5. nickhutson macrumors regular

The ability for it to be truly in widescreen (I know it's not an editing feature)

The ability to put two clips together

The ability to add an effect or two (cartoon, etc)

I think it's shocking they market the phone as being able to EDIT - when, it's not really editing at all - it's just snipping the end or beginning off!

6. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

The ability to control the input volume of the audio. Maybe some kind of on screen level meter.

7. Slip Jigs thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, give us an option for 16:9 wide screen.

I don't know how much the hardware will allow for any extensive editing, put being to be able to cut clips and past together along with a few simple effects and transitions would be nice.

As far as input volume goes - none of the audio recording apps support this either, it's usually done outside the device or software.

8. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Yeah that's been a problem for me at a concert I tried to record. The video came out alright, but the audio was all distorted because it was too loud for the phone.