Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
We've seen software like PANO be able to use multiple images to create one seamless image.

And now that 3.1 allows for saving "as new" clip. How long/is it possible that an App might come along that allows one to merge different clips in the camera roll into one video file?

Does an API exist for that (anyone know)

Would love to be able to create short vids on the iPhone using a few different movies without having to download to my computer.

Another useful feature (like with some photo apps) would be a way to put a title first or over the video....

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Yes, it would be awesome to have some more advanced native video editing. Kind of like a montage of clips.

I fully appreciate it. Especially because I would LOVE to MMS my edited clips with titles!!!! But I would also be worried that the video might look too yellow on some other iPhones out there.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
There are many 3rd party apps out there that edit photos (Photogene being my favorite).

Do developers have similar access to the video clips?

If so I would imagine we'll start seeing video editing programs on the app store that do all kinds of things...no need for Apple to add any more functionality if that's going to happen.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
There are many 3rd party apps out there that edit photos (Photogene being my favorite).

Do developers have similar access to the video clips?

If so I would imagine we'll start seeing video editing programs on the app store that do all kinds of things...no need for Apple to add any more functionality if that's going to happen.

Well that's really my question. I don't expect or think Apple needs to add that functionality - at least not before 4.0. But here's hoping there are APIs which developers can use. And if any developers read and can comment about the potential there - that would be great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.