3GS volume questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boolatz, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Boolatz macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Hello everyone. I just bought 2 new 3GS phones and have a question. My wides phone has a volume button that seems very tight and solid. My phones volume rocker seems to have play in the volume button. The volume rocker switch has play up and down and left to right. It is not rattling at all when carries or even if I shake it. How normal is it for these phones to have the volume rocker with some play in it? The phone is 10 days old.

2. Boolatz thread starter macrumors newbie

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

My 3GS has no play in the volume rocker switch other than the direction it is meant to move to change the volume. No doubt some tiny piece of plastic has been broken on your phone - it never fails to amaze me how high-priced consumer goods are built with so many cheap moving plastic parts. I'd ask for an exchange on your phone before the rocker switch completely disintegrates, thereby making the rocker useless....