3GS vs iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by medicscott, Jun 7, 2010.

1. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

my 3GS is jailbroke...really got all the apps that the ios4 can offer already...and the RAM is going to be the same...so whats the difference?

just the display?

2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

A4 chip, front facing camera, rear flash, 5 MP camera, better battery life...

3. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

4. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

Reception. The iPhone 4's entire case is an antenna.

Also speed, future software upgrades, and a case that isn't made of plastic.

5. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

dammit...was hoping you guys would say not that much better...now i will have to buy one.

6. chickdigger802 macrumors regular

All the sites says it ain't really worth the upgrade for 3gs owners. It's awesome for 2g and 3g owners though.

Just wait another year for the iphone 4s =P

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I am very happy with the new form factor. No longer so slippery & easy to drop. With the flat sides it will be much easier to hold while using the keyboard. Not to mention all the other great refinements.

8. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

i do here ya...im all about speed on the device, and the GS is fine with that...but what happens when a buddy pulls out the 4 and i start drooling...

9. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

"all the sites?"

10. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Last year I did the early upgrade to the 3GS. The chunkiness of the software was just to much for me to handle on the 3G. Im Weighing the options of upgrading again. It seems I'm gonna wait another year with the 3GS.

Facetime: lovely for video chatting, cept that not everyone will all have iPhone 4's. I don't do much vid chatting on my Mac either.

Display : not gonna lie, it's pretty sweet. Buuut, for a mobile device in never ideal light, is it worth it if I don't NEED to upgrade?

HD video recording/ front cam: having An HD cam in your pocket is never a bad thing, however the 3GS is very capable of taking fun on the spot video, that's as good as a standard flip. Front cam, I like it for self pics.

iMovie: looks great, for 3GS I could use reeldirector and get similar results without HAVING to upgrade

5 megapixel cam/ led light- 3 vs 5 megapixels won't be a huge diff. That light is pretty awesome, but most of my pics are taken outside during the day anyways.

Multitasking, and folders will all be included in os4.

For me, I love the new design, I think it's a tremendous device, and I may change my mind before I'm done typing this, but as of now I am content with another year of the 3GS.

11. medicscott thread starter macrumors 6502a

medicscott

hmmm...you really make good points on keeping the 3GS for another year. i guess i have another week to decide before the pre order goes out.

12. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe