3GS with Apple Care Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reminis, Mar 18, 2011.

1. reminis macrumors member

I have a 3GS with Applecare till Sept 2011. Now I have the phone unlocked for Tmobile, recently I been getting HORRIBLE signal from it. Most of time I have to talk with bluetooth and not touch the phone while inside my house.

I have only had the phone for about a month now, before that I had a Blackberry Bold. That is the ONLY thing i miss about my Blackberry is the signal, I am not sure if its a defect or what.

What will Apple do if i service my phone and needs replacement? Do they still have 3gs in stock?

I really don't know what to do since I get alot of Texts and phone calls a day, most of time I pickup my phone and see i have a few text messages that never got sent.

Im running 4.2.1

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

They will replace your phone with another 3GS. If your phone is unlocked by jailbreaking you will most likely lose the unlock. If your in the UK and your iphone is with t-mobile you will get a t-mobile locked phone back.

3. cootersgarage6, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

It's fine, they will just give you a new one. Bcause you have AppleCare, which is like a super warranty, meaning if you mess it up they still have to fix it. And yes, they still have iPhone 3Gs's in stock because they still sell the 3Gs at Apple and AT&T:)