Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClintEastwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
I tried to unlock my 3GS yesterday and failed.
As I was installing baseband 06.15.00 my power shut off and sent my phone into the Recovery Loop. At the time of power outage my iPhone was running FW 4.2.1 and again the baseband was being flashed. Since then i have been trying to restore my phone to a useable state but to no avail. I need help all the programs I have used (RecBoot, EasyRecovery, iRecovery, TinyUmbrella) don't do anything to bring my iPhone back to life. I need expert help, can some one provide that help please? If any further information that might be needed to resolve my problem can be given I just wanted to send out an SOS.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
As I was installing baseband 06.15.00 my power shut off and sent my phone into the Recovery Loop. At the time of power outage my iPhone was running FW 4.2.1 and again the baseband was being flashed. Since then i have been trying to restore my phone to a useable state but to no avail. I need help all the programs I have used (RecBoot, EasyRecovery, iRecovery, TinyUmbrella) don't do anything to bring my iPhone back to life. I need expert help, can some one provide that help please? If any further information that might be needed to resolve my problem can be given I just wanted to send out an SOS.

You have to use a custom ipsw for 4.2.1 that has the ipad baseband in it to restore your iPhone.

ClintEastwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
Yes I know that normally I would have to use a CFW but on iTunes I keep getting a multitude of different errors (1600, 21, 1015) nothing I do works. I have my hosts file set to Saurik's servers.

Question. If I open cydia for the first time does it automatically save my blobs because in the past I would have selected the "Make My Life Easier" option but at the time that option was nowhere to be found.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Yes I know that normally I would have to use a CFW but on iTunes I keep getting a multitude of different errors (1600, 21, 1015) nothing I do works. I have my hosts file set to Saurik's servers.

Question. If I open cydia for the first time does it automatically save my blobs because in the past I would have selected the "Make My Life Easier" option but at the time that option was nowhere to be found.

After seeing 1015, 1600, or 1604 you then have to use TinyUmbrella to kick your iPhone out of recovery.

Once you click "make my life easier", it's a one time thing. After your iPhone get jailbroken again Cydia will recognize the ECID of your iPhone. The SHSH will automatically be saved.

ClintEastwood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2010
TinyUmbrella doesn't do anything for me though. I've used it repeatedly and it doesnt't work. Not to mention I repeatedly get the "Cannot connect to TSS service" message

atlantatan1

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2009

Here how to fix your iphone 3gs:
1 use redsnow click firmware 4.2.1
2 click in redsnow just enter pwned dfu mode right now
3 phone will to black screen and this dfu mode
4 now restore with custom firmware the link is available below
5 now ur phone will come to emergency mode
6 use redsnow again and tick only cydia option
7 ur phone will again hange on apple logo and dont worry
8 just enter boot theater right now
ur phone will come alive and then u can use cydia and can unlock ur phone if ur baseband is upgrade to 6.5.01 and if not then u can use cydia with both option of cydia and install ipad baseband selection and then repeat the above procedure
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JVZF92E)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.