3GS with IOS4 and now no MMS???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ozzhead, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Ozzhead macrumors member

I dont know what happend... but now I no longer have MMS? The little camera icon/button to attach a picture is not there anymore...

anyone help please? is ATT now charging MMS or am i missing somthing.

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Did you jailbreak your phone? This is Apple's way of saying "haha losers"

But an easy fix is to restore the phone to a previous backup. If that doesn't work then set the phone up as new and then do a restore.

3. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

This is due to installing IOS4 from a jailbroken 3.1.x without restoring to factory settings.

The only way to fix it is to restore to factory settings and install as a new iPhone.

If you want to keep your sms messages it is possible if you can follow this post:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=10248642&postcount=7

The problem is in your carrier file settings which are stored in your backup, and restoring from your old backups bring these bad settings so the only real way is to set up as a new iphone..

4. Ozzhead thread starter macrumors member

It was JB till IOS4 but i did switch it from a mac to PC so i figured it reset everything. I just saved my contacts through google. But thank will reset it all now.

5. don pianta macrumors regular

does anyone know if MMS will be back on the new iPhone 4?
    i can wait two days to MMS if that's all it takes... (i dont want to lose all of my texts, pics from camera roll and settings on my current phone)

6. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

The problem is with the carrier file settings. Many people have confirmed that AT&T has no plans to fix this problem as it only pertains to people who have jailbroken their phones.

Your only choice is to set up as a new iPhone. And it's possible to save your sms messages if you read my post above.

7. Ozzhead thread starter macrumors member

yeah it will, like they said above my issue was due to a carrier file because of the JB. And i totally agree I did the JB i should have to pay the price and lose all my txt/ pics ifnot saved.

8. draz macrumors 6502a

Setting it up as a new phone does remove all the files but you can restore everything.

MMS was never removed from AT&T you just jailbroke your phone and Apple found a way to make you pay :p

Read the instructions as linked a few post above yours and you will find the way to fix it.

9. b00st3d macrumors member

b00st3d

Had the same issue on a nonjb 3GS and just had reset network settings. Afterwards I didn't have VVM either so I just had to call my phone and leave a vm and it came back!

10. Ozzhead thread starter macrumors member

Thanks again guys, just restored lost all my txt's but owell least i can MMS again. Having google sync contacts is the best idea ever since i just sold my macbook witch was synced with iphone.

11. i0ls macrumors newbie

Here's one for you then.

My wife an I have 2 3G models "mb" Mine has JB and Hers is ONLY updated.
    Now BOTH of them cannot MMS, so this has nothing to do with JB on your phone.

12. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

If the problem is the carrier setting, can't you option-click update and navigate to where the original AT&T carrier setting would be?

I had that problem last year with the carrier setting tethering hack which killed visual voicemail and made receiving calls unreliable. I just option-clicked update-> Library-> iTunes-> iPhone Carrier Support and clicked on the AT&T carrier file which fixed everything.

13. keeganxt macrumors regular

I had a jail broken 3GS with 3.1.2 and went straight to iOS4 with no issues.