3GS with IOS4, Contacts lost numbers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abarth1200, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

Hello, its my dads phone that at fault here.

I told him that there is a new OS out and he will probably be asked to install it next time he syncs, he did and he told me last night that he lost some of the phone numbers out his contacts, names were still there bu the numbers had been erased?

Any ideas? He uses Outlook to sync his contacts and its messed them up too.

I suggested to him to try a restore but dunno if he has bothered yet.

Oh and he is going away for a 2 week holiday abroad, is that data roaming bug true?

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

This happened to me too. I use Outlook to access Hotmail. All my phone numbers got erased, with names intact. I had to go through my text messages and recover the numbers for only people I've sent texts to. Sucked.

3. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

4. tbone7467 macrumors regular

It seems that neither Windows mail or outlook supports all the custom tags associated with the contact. I found that contacts listed as iphone and a few others when sync'd will delete the data. I havent found a solution yet and ask if you have please let me knwo too.

5. Popeye206 macrumors 68040

Popeye206

iOS4.1 and iPhone4... me too!

I just had this happen and all my contacts are on the phone or in my MacOS Address book. Now, some are missing numbers... just went nutty out of the blue?

If anyone has any idea's let me know. I have over 100 contacts on my phone and I'm sure there are more missing. I'd hate to have to go find some of them again.