3GS...Wont charge, home button broke. Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Motorvated, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Motorvated macrumors newbie

Ok so I am a Tmobile user..but i have a jailbroken 3GS. The other night I dropped my phone. I then tried to hit to Home button to get to the spring board...and nothing happened. Crap. So I got home and plugged the phone in- it wont charge either. I then put it in my Ihome, and put on a song via Itunes. No music came out, but I can listen to music if I use the headphone jack. Everything else on the phone works, besides the home button/speakers/dock. What can I do here? I do have a spare 3G with a cracked screen. Can I take both phones apart, and swap the good parts from the 3G into the 3GS? Or should I swap the good screen from the 3GS into the 3G?

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Sounds like something got really really broken in the bottom nether regions of the first 3GS to break the home button, speakers and the dock connector. You may be SOL.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

the parts are not the same between the 3g and the 3gs but you are not sol either. its very possible the dock connector came unplugged inside when you dropped it. this controls the charging port as well as the home button.

4. Motorvated thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm thanks. Im going to take it apart tomorrow. So not even the screens are interchangeable?