3gs won't connect to internet

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pomjuice, Dec 12, 2010.

1. pomjuice macrumors newbie

My unlocked 3gs v. 4.0.1 has stopped connecting to the internet. I use my home wifi and under wifi settings it tells me that I'm connected to my network, has the blue check mark and the full blue arches next to it. But when I go to Safari, it tells me it "cannot open page because it is not connected to the internet." My imac connects to this same network with no problems. I've tried restarting everything, "forgetting" the network, and re-entering my password. I am afraid to "reset network settings" in case it messes up my unlock. I can't seem to find any posted solutions. Help!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Reset network wont mess up anything.
    Does it connect to other wifi's ok and does it only give problems with your particular router?

3. pomjuice thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure about other wifi's, I'm not around any that I can connect to at the moment. I ruined the unlock on another iphone so am shaking in my boots about the reset. But I guess if it won't mess up anything I can give it a go...?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Reset network settings will not affect your unlock.

5. pomjuice thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks applejuiced and aggie for the input. I reset network settings and the internet is still not working. Other devices are accessing our wifi without problems but the iphone is being stubborn. Any other suggestions?

6. Gadgetgeezer macrumors regular

Reboot your router and reboot your phone. If the wireless element is working, DHCP probably isn't serving your phone with an IP address for some reason. Seen this before many times. See you have tried this, but what does your phone say regarding its IP address?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's why I said above to see if it connects to other wifis to make sure it's not your phone. It might be just that particular wifi.