3Gs won't pick up Airport Express extended network

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by April Dancer, Apr 24, 2010.

1. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I have a 3Gs and a wireless network consisting of two Airport Express stations, one upstairs (extended), one down (main). The iPhone picks the wifi up downstairs and in most of the house but in the back bedroom where the second Airport is, it can't find it. The signal from downstairs is too weak for it and it's ignoring the extension.

My MBP picks up the network no problem wherever I am in the house including the problematic back bedroom. I know it has a greater ability than the phone to pick up networks but I've been through the set up so many times and am sure the network is working as it should.

Any clues? It's £80 wasted otherwise as the phone was the reason for the second base station.

Thanks.

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7D11 Safari/531.21.10)

Are you using it in N-only mode? If so, the iPhone won't see it.

3. Waffmeister macrumors newbie

My boss has the same problem with his 3G phone. It can't pickup the network signal at all. For me it's no problem with my 3GS in the same room.

The strange this is that it worked a couple of months back. Doesn't seem to be any strange settings on the phone either.

Have you found something out?