3GS won't stop attempting to restart!! Help needed badly!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by suupergirl, Jan 3, 2012.

1. suupergirl macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm glad I finally found a forum which is useful. Anyway my problem is that I powered my iPhone on (Yes, it is jailbroken on 5.0.1 and untethered.) it was successful by the way there was no problem yesterday, anyway it opened and when I was about to unlock it, it froze and shows a rotating wheel in the middle of the screen, then restarts. It keeps happening I meant restarting like it does that thing and comes back to lockscreen. As I said above everything was working perfectly yesterday but I don't know what happened now please help me!

Thanks, Emilia

edit: for the other people who is gonna say check the other topics, I did check 'em but none of them seemed to work.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

hard reboot the phone to see what happen. Hold power & home buttons at the same time until the screen go dark, then release both and start it up normally.

If that doesn't help, put it into DFU and restore.

3. suupergirl, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012

suupergirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Before you replied I was so worried so I restored my device it did work perfectly but today it happened again (where I had no chance turn my PC to restore) I did the step you said, putting the device to hard reboot mode worked! Thank you so much, problem solved :)