3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BlueCore, Feb 9, 2012.

1. BlueCore macrumors newbie

Morning All,
    I am in a right state,tried for first time to jailbreak using redsnow0.9.9b8 and using iphone2,1_5.09A334.
    got cynthia in no problem then as i understood i had to change to the ipad firmware to unlock the phone,i went back into redsnow and started the process.
    I now have iphone in apple logo state or in restore with itunes, but yes that will not work with various error messages -1 was the last one.
    i have tried to read loads of threads and help myself but all the threads with help that i think i need:confused: have images that are no longer avalible.Could someone please help.

2. Ishmumrhmn macrumors regular

Do this:
    Restore your iphone to 5.0.1 then use redsn0w 0.9.10b5 to jb and reinstall ipad baseband. Then install ultrasn0w for unlocking
    Btw if its stuck in apple logo hold the power nd home button until it turns off then hold home and plug in usb that should get u to recovery mode
    I am using a 3gs right now

3. BlueCore thread starter macrumors newbie

As a newbie,can you talk me through best way to restore.Help much appreciated

4. Ishmumrhmn macrumors regular

Ya sure.
    First, make sure itunes is running.
    Second, plug the iphone in.
    Hold the home and power button untill a quick white screen flashes then keep on holding them for 3 seconds(screen will be black)
    Then let go of power button and later you'll see itunes found a phone in recovery mode.
    Then, go to itunes and press restore. Wait for it to complete, then get back to me. Thanks

5. BlueCore thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,I have tried but get error -1,went back into resnow and loaded custom ipsw then put into Pwned DFU,message stating connect to itunes.
    Connected and it starts but error 1600.
    Should i be doing anything to select the custom ipsw ?
    cheers for help so far

----------

Oh S***, pressed alt and selected the NO_BB_iPhone2,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw

now error on itunes
    the phone can not be restored.this device is not eligible for the requested build.

i am working myself in a right state now :(

6. BlueCore thread starter macrumors newbie

Booted

Just Booted from redsnow after selecting 2,1_5.0
    on screen said complete rest on phone
    got the pineapple logo
    then it goes to connect to itunes
    please help guys and girls,hope i have not bricked it

7. BlueCore thread starter macrumors newbie

bump

can someone help please.
    i have installed the latest resnow 0.9.10 and made custom IPSW and can select the no BB iphone 2,1_5.0.1_9a405.
    phone then after reboot ask for country,etc then asks for conection to itunes
    at itunes i select the custom ISPW but itunes states can not connect verify.

much appreciated as really down at the thought of loosing phone if that is the case.

8. auptimus macrumors member

9. BlueCore thread starter macrumors newbie

Help Still Required

Hi all can someone help/talk me through where to go from here.
    Ta in advance

10. eleven7, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

eleven7 macrumors regular

Did the install baseband process finish when you ran it? If it did, you shouldn't be trying to use iTunes to restore.

11. BlueCore thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it did,i have reinstalled again,now at country,lang,then i disable location and connect to itunes is diplayed.is this what i want ?