3macs/3emails addresses, privacy

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by deebee, Jun 4, 2009.

1. deebee macrumors newbie

hi
    we are a 3 mac household, we obviously have 3 different email addresses, i need to know if i can allow each mac to only receive that persons emails.
    i have looked but can not find info on this subject.

thanks in advance.
    ciao
    d
    xx

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Well if each person has their own account, just setup that persons email account on their OS X account in Mail.app. Am I missing something?

3. deebee thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the quick response, at present my computer and my husbands are set up to receive all 3 emails addresses emails, which was fine until now, my daughter just got a new mac and i don't want her to see our emails, but i wouldn't mind seeing hers and not my husbands, where do i go to change this info, and yes i am nerdissimo
    ciao
    d
    x

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Best option: Three login accounts, three passwords, teach your daughter to be responsible online and trust her to do so.

Alternative option: Two login accountsl, two passwords. Then, a thing login account with a generic/shared/blank password, for your daughter to use and that you can check. Keep in mind that she will be able to change the password.

Possible option?: If you're tech-friendly, the information on this page might be useful. Check the comments to see how a password might be implemented.
    http://software.jonandnic.com/hack/using-mailapp-with-multiple-users-using-applescript

5. deebee thread starter macrumors newbie

i want to have one email address for each mac, but today i set up my daughters mac and it downloaded all 1200 of my emails, i'm so lazy, i have no idea how to have one email address per mac that are not synchronized. any help showing me how to do this would be gratefully received.
    ciao
    d
    xx