3proxy versus Netshare

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PecanEater, Aug 31, 2008.

1. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

I found a comment on Demonoid suggesting that 3proxy was superior to Netshare but no details. Can anyone give opinions/advice? Thanks.

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

3proxy is Free

3. PecanEater thread starter macrumors 6502

PecanEater

Netshare is "free" too. Can't get it from App store anymore. I'm more interested in function.

4. The General macrumors 601

Same functionality, SOCKS proxy. 3proxy runs in the background so you can use your phone while tethering. NetShare needs to be open for you to be able to tether.

5. urrl78 macrumors member

In my location 3proxy is nearly twice as fast as Netshare in the same location. I use them both because one has certain problems in Firefox, one has problems getting Hotmail or Mobileme mail, etc. So they both have good and bad points.

I even have a Sprint Expresscard but in my location 3Proxy is again about twice as fast, so I will be getting rid of the card as soon as I can get 3Proxy to work in Bootcamp Windows XP on my MBP, if that's possible.:confused:

6. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

3Proxy doesnt need to be left open to keep it active, netshare does.

7. navigates macrumors 6502a

don't forget 3proxy with insomnia is necessary if you want to keep your connection on while turning off the screen. giving you a better battery life.

now if I can only have a way to set dynamic ips without the whole configuration gig.