3rd 21.5 iMac from Amazon the charm

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ScottFitz, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Okay, went thru two, a week 47, then 48 and now this third one a 48 as well.

For the record, no dead pixels on any of them. The first two had noticeble yellowing, lots of it. This one might have just a tiny touch in one corner, but it's at the point where I can't tell if my eyes are playing tricks on me or not. So I'm going to hang with it, play with it and if it gets worse take it to Apple later this year.

The machines are so freaking amazing though, that it was worth the hassle to find a good one.

I'm sure Apple's supplier for their LED screens are all hanging from shower curtain rods right about now... imagine the returns.

2. spcdust macrumors 6502a

spcdust

I'm on my second one - week 50, and works like a dream. Know what you mean about the possibility of yellow in bottom corner (for me it's right hand side) but I can't be sure that it's not my eyes / mind playing tricks on me as it's so subtle. Going to keep this one and if I decide further down the line that I do have the yellow tinge then I'll just get the screen replaced out under the warranty / Applecare - by that time any apparent screen manufacturing issue should then be sorted and out of the supply chain.