3rd 3g phone i've had

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedeuce, Aug 25, 2008.

1. thedeuce macrumors newbie

so first one cracked, second one was horrible light leak to the point where when i showed the rep his jaw dropped... this one has a strange light leak i have yet to see, if you flip it over on the back their is 2 perfect squares of light that come through the plastic, and one that is like 1 rectangle with 2 larger squares on the sides... i'm not willing to make the 4 hour roundtrip to the apple store for another phone just yet and seeing as how i don't have to look at it its all good...

2. applehappy macrumors regular

Well, you have a year to take it in, right? Next time you are heading that way, just make a genius bar appt and get it replaced.
    My 1st gen iphone was replaced twice. 1st time because the external speaker didn't work at all, then the headphone jack didn't work. Both times the apple store was perfect and swapped it out in a few minutes.
    My 3G worked perfectly out of the box.:D

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

My first gen was replaced twice. But my 3g also was perfect out of the box. Like the other guy said you have a year. Wait till they get these problems fixed. Who knows you may get lucky and get a refurb. Personally i love em. They are checked EXTRA good and have a warranty.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

You know AppleCare can repair/replace your phone via overnight-DHL boxes for free, right?! 4 hour roundtrips = crazy time lost and gas spent?! :eek:

5. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Plus if you use the by mail they will send you a spare to use while yours is getting fixed. They say that there is a 30 charge but twice my CSR has waived the fee. Just talk nice and be respectful and they will take care of you.

6. thedeuce thread starter macrumors newbie

dudes... i had my first generation replaced 5 times, and the 5th time it still didn't even work but i got fed up with it so i said forget it. Idk what i will do i just think its strange like i've never heard of the light leak coming out of the plastic its just strange

7. ribenaberrie macrumors member

Mine has light leak out of the back casing. Just a few squares here and there that I noticed when I was using my phone in the dark. I didn't even think it was a problem until I came across this thread. I thought they were all the same.... man I don't want to have to go swap again and maybe end up with a worse phone... :(

8. Zephgx macrumors member

Keep that. Its normal (I guess) mine does the exact same thing and so did my replacement and my original 3g as well.

There was a few threads about this..

9. nakile macrumors regular

It's not a problem. It's people wanting perfection.