3rd bad black sport band (sigh)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by paulgandersman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. paulgandersman macrumors regular

My first black sport band had to be swapped out at the apple store because it had a problem locking into the watch on one side.

The second band was swapped out due to peeling.

Now I've had the replacement for about a month and probably have only worn it a dozen times and now it has begun peeling as well. I've already left a message with the applecare rep I was speaking to, but seriously? again? are any of the black sport bands immune from peelgate?

I have white and green sport bands as well and they have no issues.

and I baby this thing. I don't exercise with it, I barely sweat, and if I am in a hot situation where I think I will sweat, I take it off. No idea how these keep peeling other than poor manufacturing. Is there a trick to getting one that doesn't peel?

2. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Well, I could be totally irreverent. You could get a fake one for $5. I bought a complete color set.

Honestly, that does suck. I have had my black band for a while and abused it heavily. No significant wear.

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Yep. No peeling on my $9 black sport band. :D

Apple's black sport band clearly has a manufacturing defect because this complaint keeps popping up over and over again.

4. Thepixelsedge macrumors regular

Ya, I've seen both. The BSB my watch shipped with has been perfect. no peeling whatsoever with almost daily usage. However, I traded the small piece of my band for the large piece of a co-workers black band so we would both have backups and the piece I got from him is noticeably different.

My original band was from my 42SS but he has 42SGS with the different coloured pin. Dunno if maybe theres a difference between the two types besides just the pin?