3rd day & a few queries

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wolvngelz, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Wolvngelz macrumors member

1. Was on a LAN network with my wireless with a few buddies playing Warcraft III, I kept on lagging for 2-3 hours. Is this the bad Airport that people have been talking about?? Was getting really annoying. Yes, the router is a Linksys.

2. Started playing WoW after that, temperatures were sky-rocketting. 75 deg. celcius........ acceptable???

2. matperk macrumors 6502

I don't know about the warcraft 3 issue. I haven't played that on LAN on my Mac before.

My MBP usually runs just about 75 celcius when running WoW as well. It's not an issue at all. When I was running something on my generation A MBP, I would get about 97 deg celcius, which IS something to worry about.

3. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

Holy Crap!

4. Wolvngelz thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's AirPort because I went with a LAN wire after that and it ran pretty smooth. 1 lag spike per game as opposed to 5.

97 deg??? You can heat food with that sh*t, that's pretty scary.

5. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

sorry I forgot to respond to your original post because that tempature blew me away. I think its just a rule of thumb that if your going to be gaming you should plug in rather then use wifi, unless you can't. then your on your own.

6. Wolvngelz thread starter macrumors member

Well, im typing right now on a very uncomfortable 80deg celcius laptop. The top part of the metal above esc / f1 almost burnt me.............

what do I do? is this still acceptable?

7. matperk macrumors 6502

You can complain if you want, but due to the aluminum casing all the head just goes right to that spot and the one on the bottom right below it. From what I can tell (my first gen and current gen MBPs) it's pretty common across the line. Just download smcFanControl and turn up your fans.

8. Wolvngelz thread starter macrumors member

My fans were at 3500-4500RPM, is that insufficient? I've no experience with this sorry.

Not really complaining, to be honest, just worried.

9. RandiC macrumors member

I use this cooler WOW what a difference Antec Dual-Fan Laptop Cooler. For about 30.00 its worth it.