3rd Gen iPhone price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daverso, Apr 2, 2009.

1. daverso macrumors regular

I know there's little info as far as the specs and price go for the next iphone, but I have on question that really just requires some opinions. My 2G iPhone is broken. I'm taking it into the store today but i suspect they wont swap it out because for some reason my water damage sensor is half red. I will probably be cheaper for me just to buy a 3G than have it fixed (yes i know the monthly rate is higher blah blah blah.) I'm just talking about how much i'll pay in store. Anyways!
    Do you think once the next iPhone is released, they'll pro-rate it for previous iPhone customers as they did the 3G? I hope to buy one once it comes out, but I dont want to have to pay full price. Thanks!

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

It only makes sense that they will, if you're contract is up that is. Pro-rating phones is the way that companies keep customers with them ... there's no reason why I could see that it would be ANY different with the New iPhone.

3. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I think the new iPhone will be network subsidised.

4. iPhoneNYC macrumors 6502a

iPhoneNYC

I think the 3rd Gen iPhone will be subsidized by ATT like the current edition. Usually you have to be at a year or close to it to get the full discount. If you have you heart set on the 3rd Gen from the day it comes out I would suggest buying a $99 refurbished from Apple or used from ebay and let that get you through the next couple of months. That way you'll be ready for the full discount when the new phone comes out.