3rd gen IPT w/blackrain??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Gix1k, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Do I use the same Blackrain I used on the iPhone? Is there anything special I need to do or same as phone?

Thanks in advance.

2. girrbyte macrumors newbie

you dont have to do anything special. just plug your ipod in and click the "make it ra1n" button and your good to go!

3. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i think a new jailbreak program is coming out...its a little more work than blackra1n, but it allows you to customize it a bit more.

5. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

If you're talking about greenpois0n, I wouldn't exactly hold your breath. The developer hasn't updated his blog since the middle of November (after suggesting that it would be done by the end of December) and appears to be getting annoyed by the constant demands for a release. He also mentioned the possibility of waiting until the next iPhone/iPod Touch is released so Apple can't patch the exploit before those devices come out.

6. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Why would anyone dare to deal with anything other than Blackrain when it comes to simple.

7. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Greenpois0n has been promising an untethered or "semi-untethered" jailbreak, so I can see why people would be excited about that.