Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I have a Genius appointment set for Monday but wanted to ask opinions here.

I have an issue where the screen become unresponsive, usually in the Videos app. The controls will not come up and pressing the home button takes me out the app but the sound keeps playing and I need to restart my iPad.

I'd normally say this is a software issue but after many restores its not going away. I can't replicate it unfortunately, its totally random.

What will the Genius be able to do? Can they see a crash log?

AndersOlson

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Yeah they can usually run a diagnostic on your ipad and see a crash report. Try to take a video next time it happens and use that for documentation at the Genius Bar.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Yeah they can usually run a diagnostic on your ipad and see a crash report. Try to take a video next time it happens and use that for documentation at the Genius Bar.

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it.

I couldn't seem to replicate the issue in time for my appointment so just went along to see what they could do.

The genius tested the screen on a game and he agreed it wasn't quite right So he replaced it with a brand new one.

Great service. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.