3rd hard crash in 7 weeks of new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whitehexagon, Jun 18, 2010.

1. whitehexagon macrumors regular

whitehexagon

I'm on my 3rd crash today in 7 weeks of new MBP, and I mean total hang up! not even a mouse cursor, with physical power down as only remedy :( At least the last two times have been using YouTube in latest FireFox. Hard crashes like that were once a year events with my prev 2.4MBP, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come for Apple! Anyone else seeing issues like this? I'm up-to-date with patches and versions of everything.

2. jolawson macrumors member

I havent had any of the issues you've been experiencing, but then again, I have the 13" model. If that were my case, I'd be living at the apple store until it was fixed...

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, your isolated issues are a harbinger of the downfall of the house of Apple. :rolleyes:

4. whitehexagon thread starter macrumors regular

whitehexagon

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Try upgrading to the latest version of the Adobe Flash player.

Also, if you're not part of Youtube's HTML5 beta, then you might see improved stability by joining it. At the very least, you're likely to see less ads. Though, to take full advantage of the beta, you'll need to use Safari.

6. whitehexagon thread starter macrumors regular

whitehexagon

thanks for the html5 tip, I'm using that on a couple browsers so will see how that goes, will be quite happy to be rid of flash.