3rd logic board in 8 months 2011 macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bm303, Dec 28, 2016.

1. bm303 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if this is an isolated incident or if it's a widespread issue.

I took my laptop in April to the apple store to have the extended warranty logic board repair done. I had the graphical issues a few times but the logic board did still work. They replaced it free of charge under the 2016 warranty program.

Fast forward 4 months and my headphone jack stops working. I had used it maybe twice in that time period. After a lot of discussion they agreed to replace it because they had just replaced the logic board 4 months prior. Fast forward to today and my mini displayport has completely died. The last repair was in September.

I really think there is something going on with these replacement logic boards. I actually had no issues with mine aside from the graphical errors until I replaced it. Now it seems like some part is failing every few months. I can't get an appointment until jan 2nd. I really hope that is not an issue considering the warranty program ends Dec 31st.

2. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Problems in life usually happen in threes.
    Your mac will be trouble free form here on in.
    Relax and enjoy it.