3rd MacBook Hard drive failure in 1 month

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kurt92, Jan 31, 2008.

1. kurt92 macrumors newbie

I dont think my 1 1/2 year old Macbook is holding up my usage (I do lots of video conferencing, screen sharing, and heavy usage apps for school), I have applecare but am getting tired and dont have time to keep having to get my macbook repaired. Im thinking about getting it fixed, selling it, and buying the current MacBook Pro or the Air. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

2. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I don't see how the hard drive failures are related to you having a Macbook whatsoever. Unless they use different hard drive models in macbooks? If that was the case, you could just buy a new hard drive yourself and pop it in.

One hard drive that would not fail though would be the Air's SSD.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

That is unusual. AppleCare usually offers a different solution when there are a few major hardware repairs within a year.

4. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I agree. I think an exchange would be in order...maybe the OP has not asked them for one yet. I know I would have.

5. kurt92 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm gonna go to genius bar later today and ask for a alternative to having it repaired again. Im not to happy with my local apple store, even though i've had the hard drive replaced twice, the same genius bar techs seem to blame the hard drive failing on me!!! I'm 16 and they automatically assume that i use limewire and blame the hard drive failures on just having limewire on my computer, totally ridiculous, in fact i've never downloaded limewire on my computers. I have no need to with itunes. Is it even possible for limewire to destroy a hard drive on a mac? Also if I was to get the Air I wouldn't be able to afford the SSD, unfortunately.

6. Kelly™ macrumors regular

As many times as you said limewire, I think you used limewire... jk

Why would they automatically assume or even bring limewire up if they didn't find it on your computer?