iPhone 3rd party accessories?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by x-evil-x, Jan 11, 2014.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

My iPhone 5 doesn't seem to hold a connection lately after I jailbroke my phone. Is there a 3rd party accessory tweak I can install to help this? I'm using lighting adapters and if I slightly move the phone it will fall in and out of connection.

Anybody else having this problem?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Sounds hardware related.

I would probably restore your phone and re jailbreak if you're convinced its software related.

3. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

Only started happening after a jailbroke my phone this time. Still think it's hardware related?

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Well if you're having to wiggle your cable in your phone for it to charge i don't see how a tweak, or a jailbreak can affect this. Again i would restore, check the connection, re jailbreak, check the connection.

But yes i still think its hardware.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

check to see if the port has any lint/dust/etc plugging up the charging pins first.

easiest way to find out is to restore and start new. check if the problem is still the same; if it is, then it's a hardware problem

if not, try rejailbreaking and see if the problem pops up. sounds unlikely to be a software problem though

you are still within that window where you can restore and still be able to jailbreak