3rd party Alarm Clock apps and their major flaw

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mmmtastybusch, Nov 9, 2011.

1. mmmtastybusch macrumors regular

Hey guys, new to the forum here and new to iPhone (just switched from a long line of android phones)

I did a search for this, but couldn't find anything.

One of my favorite apps on Android was "Gentle Alarm", an alarm clock app that slowly fades in music to wake you up. I found several equivalents on the App Store, but because iOS doesn't allow 3rd party apps to run in the background, I either have to leave the display on all night or hear a series of loud beeps before it starts fading in the music, which defeats the point entirely.

My two questions are this: does anyone know of a way around this problem? and the other question is if I do leave the alarm clock display on all night, is there a risk of screen burn-in?

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Which alarm clock apps have you tried? Just found this one that appears to have a lot of positive ratings: Alarm Clock Pro. As for burn-in, I don't personally know the answer but I did find this rather old thread that may help.

3. mmmtastybusch thread starter macrumors regular

^^ That's the exact one I'm using haha

I'm thinking I should be okay, because you can set the screen brightness within the alarm app to extremely low, but I'm still unsure. Hopefully Apple will fix the issue altogether and allow certain 3rd party apps to run in the background.