3rd party apps, give em a try

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Arisian, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Hey guys,

I have 2.0 hacked and have SSH'd in and ... to my surprise... I cant find all my apps that i had on 1.1.1 - 4 (on my mac hd, not the ipod... i know those wont be there... duh). Does anyone know where to find those? I know, I know... they WONT work, but DAMMIT everyone has said they wont work and no one has TRIED...

just thought I would give it the old college try.

Arisian

2. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

customize loads up but then crashes...

wasnt that the case on everything else though?

3. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

no dice, sigh.... they werent lying. really wish customize worked. i really dont want to pay for it if they decide that is something that goes into app store

arisian

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

Most likely, customization will not be an app you will pay for.

Also, give it some time. With the apps needing to be ported to Cydia, and the lack of Installer.app, there aren't too many apps out there yet.

Cydia will get many more apps in time, and the new Installer.app 4 (that I have heard is coming soon,) will give you all those awesome apps back. I was disappointed when I jailbroke my iPod Touch to find that there were hardly any apps worth getting.

Besides, Pwnage came out like 2 days ago, you cant expect everything to be there right away.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

well, customize is not allowed on the app store, so it will have to be fo free.
    buut it does have that retarded ad at the top
    hopefully in the next bit of time better apps will be avalible

6. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

installer will be coming right? rip dev said they're working on version 4.0. . .they just didn't want to release it with bugs