3rd Party AV Cable Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kdesign7, Dec 7, 2010.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I purchased a 3rd Party AV Cable - and I can't seem to get it to work. I ACTUALLY have an Apple Cert. AV Cable and it works amazingly well, esp with TVOut2Mirror (Jailbroken App) - but for some reason, the new AV Cable doesn't work.

I did a bit of researching, and got PopUp Blocker to stop the popup about This Accessory is not Optimized for this device....etc.

Any idea's?

:)

I very much apprecate your time and suggestions! :D

2. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, since no one has answered me question - I was able to find the answer myself through a lot of google'ing. (which I DIDNT really wanna do, but I did it)

First, the iDevice needs to be Jailbroken.

Second, gotta stop the annoying popup of "This accessory is not opitmized for this device" alert - "PopupBlocker"

Thirdly, download "DisplayOut" from Cydia. If you can't find it - Find the Repo on Google.

Lastly, "Resupported4" - which can be found in Cydia, and you can get a 10-day Trial. The Pkg costs $3.99 - in my opinion, it's definitely worth it.

The AV cable I purchased costed $3.51 (free shipping) - Here is the Link for All who are Interested: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24871

So... $3.51 for the cable and $3.99 for the Cydia Pkg = just under $9 with taxes and everything! This is definitely a GREAT deal, compared to the $55 (This is what I paid for the cables in Ottawa, Canada in August).

Just thought I'd SHARE the Solution!

PS - I did NOTICE a VERY slight difference in quality compared to the Apple branded cable, and the No-Name cable. NOTHING to be worried about. Still a GREAT... great deal!

:)