3rd Party Battery - a tale of Sadness

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Samuriajackon, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I'm in Iraq and have to relay on information and Amazon.com to get all my computer stuff fixed. A few weeks ago my MacBook started doing the "Battery Not Chargeing" thing where the power Icon used to be, I figured with a Battery i've used since Aug of 2007 with over 350 power cycles I got my money out of it and should move one...

I ordered a 3rd Party Battery from a company called Fuel Cell who cells on Amazon. I'm posting this obviousely because the Battery didn't work...but it's not what you think. The battery has the Four lights on the back that read just fine. The Battery says it's 60% charged right out of the box which is good...but I can't lock the battery into place. I can't physically turn the slot thingy to the right of the battery port into a position where the battery will stay in the MacBook...

The 3rd Party Battery won't fit in my MacBook....it's the wrong size. I'm very upset, please don't be like me. Buy Genuine Mac stuff.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Generally, third-party items are alright, but I've found that you really do get what you pay for. Especially when it comes to batteries.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Sorry to hear that; FastMac and OWC both sell 3rd party batteries they will definitely work. Cheaper and more capacity.

FastMac and OWC are very reputable.

4. MACZ macrumors newbie

aww sorry to hear that, i hope you can still return it though.