3rd Party Keyboard Issues?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Southernboyj, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

My iPhone and iPad are both using SwiftKey.. However they keep randomly and sporadically changing back to the stock keyboard. Anyone know why? It's incredibly annoying.

2. fivedots macrumors 6502a

Bugs, bugs, bugs. Just delete the stock keyboard from the list and it will be resolved for the time being.

3. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Be careful of this since someone said that you might get locked out and then be unable to log back in using a third party keyboard.

4. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Tried that originally.. Then quick replys from lock screen would load a blank keyboard.

5. mikec8 macrumors newbie

Had this issue this morning, was texting and the keyboard / app crashed. Then I guess as a fallback apple puts a default keyboard for the time being. The keyboard comes back eventually.

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Same is happening to me. Annoying. Hopefully they fix it soon. Hopefully it's not by design. I've noticed when I put in passwords it's always the stock keyboard. Is that by design? It also randomly changes to stock when I'm texting people.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes passwords credit cards and other secure information will use the stock keyboard. It's by design.

8. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Oh gosh tons of issues with Swype too numerous to list, but I've been using Swype for years and years on other platforms and know they'll have them ironed out pretty soon. This is a 1.0 release, they'll make it amazing eventually.