3rd party keyboards don't work

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MyRomeo, Sep 19, 2014.

1. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

I wonder if anyone has this issue. I have iOS 8 on my iPhone 5 and set up as a new device. I've tried rebooting the phone, resetting all settings, erasing and reinstalling the apps and enabling and disabling the keyboards but they will not work. I just get a blank area where the keyboard should be!

I've tried swype and swift key and both are the same!

Has anyone experienced this and can help?

2. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

swype and swiftkey mostly work for me on three different iOS devices that were just updated right over the top of iOS 7.1.2 - I'm too old and tired to do clean installs any more. Both keyboards are with some bugs i suppose will be ironed out eventually, but I haven't seen any reports of what you're experiencing.

Which keyboards are you trying? Have you tried SwiftKey? It was free yesterday & might still be.

3. Skevaboy macrumors member

In the Keyboards section of Settings , click edit and move the desired keyboard to the top of the list

Attached Files:

4. shadedred macrumors member

Make sure you've given the keyboards "Full Access" in Settings -> Keyboards ->3rd Party Keyboard..

Swiftkey is a bit buggy and has disappeared on me once, a quick re-toggle of that setting gets it working again...

5. Skevaboy macrumors member

FYI Remember Full access allows Swiftkey to record what you type on their servers, Full Access not required to use the keyboard its to allow them to learn your most common words etc .

6. MyRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502

MyRomeo

I've tried swype and swift key, neither will work. Swype doesn't have any option for full access. I'm stumped.

They work great on my wife's 5c and on my iPad mini. Just not my iPhone 5 :(

7. Skevaboy macrumors member

8. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Hmm... Swype works fine on both my iPad air and iPhone 5.