3rd party keyboards not working right

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by patseguin, Oct 29, 2014.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I have both Swype and SwiftKey and tend towards Swype. Right now, I can't get any keyboard to appear when using Spotlight search. Lots of times I get the same issue with iMessage. Is this a common problem and does anyone know of a solution?

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

The same thing happened to me. I stopped using third-party keyboards. It feels more like a poorly written jailbreak tweak than it does a feature from Apple themselves and was far too glitchy for my taste. It's a shame too, because this was one of the bigger hype factors for iOS 8.

3. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I use Swype. For the iMessage issue, killing the app and then reopening it normally works for me.

I had to do a hard reset to bring the keyboard back for Spotlight.

4. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

I went to text someone today and I got no keyboard no matter what I did. I had no choice but to remove the keyboards and go back to the default. It's a shame too because I love Swype. You're right about it feeling more like a back than a feature. Hopefully they figure it out because I got really good at gesture typing.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I purchased Swype because Swiftkey was buggy. Although Swype works better it's still pretty damn buggy so I'm using the stock keyboard for now.