3rd party lightning cables

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iHeartsteve, Oct 14, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I'm looking for a 10ft cable. I like an extra long cord so I can rest my phone next to my pillow while sleeping :rolleyes:

anyone find a cheap version yet? the regular length ones seem to still be $17 when the apple one only cost $19 which isn't that bad.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Still nothing.
    They all seem to be taking preorders now for future 30 or 45 day delivery.
    I'd wait cause if you preorder now you will pay top price and will have to wait anyway.
    Once they come out the prices will drop and will be available from many places and with shorter shipping times.
    I would buy a 3rd party usb wire to save money, not $2 cheaper of what Apple sells them for.
    $3-4 would be more like it IMO.

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

4. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

5. NedFlanders macrumors member

NedFlanders

That's exactly what I use when I am traveling (as I am right now). I like to use my iPhone as my alarm clock and you can't always find an outlet close to the bed.

Tonight the plug is about 6 feet away on the opposite side of the bed but I stall have a bout 4 feet to spare.

I am holding out for the price on the lightning to 30 pin to come down so I can use it with my home alarm clock. I hope someone makes a little longer one so I will be able to pick up my phone to check messages etc. I have to hold the phone fairly close to my eyes at night without my glasses on as. I am very near sighted. :eek:

6. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

yes been sleeping w my phone next to me for years. hope the radiation doesnt do any harm. haha:D