3rd Party Magnetic Milanese Loop

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by xraytech, Jul 2, 2015.

1. xraytech macrumors 68020

3rd Party Magnetic Milanese Loop

Don't even bother, get the Real Deal from Apple

I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

The last image is damning for the Cheap Milanese Loop. If you are not careful the loop will slip through and you will drop your watch. I did, luckily I dropped mine over carpet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

It actually looks really nice, too bad. Hopefully someone else comes up with another one, but with better quality. Where did you get this one btw ?

3. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

These just make me appreciate the detail on apples band. Really, really beautiful

4. mac1281 macrumors newbie

Thank you for posting the great reviews with photos. I was waiting for more details on the cheap knockoffs on eBay. How's the magnetic hold on the knockoff? Are they as strong as the apple band?

Your close up shots are awesome!

5. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

The strength of the magnet on the knock-off is about the same as the authentic.

6. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

eBay

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Any way you can label the photos so that we know which is which?

8. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

Pretty obvious. Apple's is the first closeup photo with the beautiful material detail and finish and the knockoff is second, and in combo photos the knockoff is on the right.

While the intent may have been to discourage purchasing a knockoff for the poorer quality, I think OP you might be selling some on it regardless due to the price. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it comes in many forms. Close enough from a distance works for some due to price.

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I bought two Milanese loop (non magnetic) bands. One is a tinier mesh weave than the other, and looks identical to Apple's, and the other looks like the one pictured above.

10. mac1281 macrumors newbie

I just picked up the apple Milanese and love it so sexy. I was debating on buying the ones on eBay and after looking at your pictures it doesn't make any sense to spend so much on a beautiful watch then to attach it to a cheap band.

Also I heard from other threads that the knockoff adapters wobble because the fit is not tight potentially causing wear and tear on the watch itself.

11. xraytech, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015

xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

I am positive that AW users who have tried on the Real Deal in Store, will agree that the knock-off is not worth it. The fact that the magnet can slip through and potentially cause you to drop your watch is a Deal breaker. I'd rather have a inexpensive leather band with adaptors over this.

12. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Do you have a link for the one that is a tinier mesh weave?

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm going to have to search my posts in the strap threads. I've bought so many bands/straps now that it's starting to get hard remembering which came from where....

14. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

No problem! I think I'll go for this one as the mesh seems close to Apple's:
    Parihy Loop Stainless Steel Mesh Band for Apple Watch (Metal Mesh 42mm) by Parihy http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBNSXAG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_CacRvbBPDFMAJ
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBNSXAG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_CacRvbBPDFMAJ

15. ianfann macrumors 6502

I also bought a 1:1 clone of Apple's Milanese Loop. IMO, I am not happy with it. I can live with it but I am not a happy camper. Here are some photos and a video for you guys to take a look. My photography skills are not great so hope you guys don't mind. Oh, I'm not gonna bother to share where I bought it from because it's not a great buy at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The pictures look awesome. What is it about this band that you don't like?

17. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Stick with the Original. These knock offs are terrible.

18. ianfann macrumors 6502

Yup, now that I've tried this knock off I agree that they are not as good as the original. But I am waiting to try the clone of the link bracelet though, lol

19. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I definitely want the Apple Milanese loop. Maybe when my bday comes around in December......
    For know tho I have a red leather loop in the mail! Yay!

20. Presonance macrumors regular

Presonance

My god. These photos are spectacular. Thank you OP!

21. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

I'm selling an OEM Milanese loop if anyone is interested, just wasn't my style, PM me :).

22. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Knockoffs, are never supposed to be as good as originals, thus being "knockoffs" if you want the real deal get it, pay the entry fee, if not then you can't blame knockoffs for being crappy, they're supposed to be.....also, other ebay sellers have 1:1 clones that are just as good, perhaps smarter shopping would've guided you to the good loops!

23. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Wow, those lugs are horrible. Look at the gap for the cheapo on the left compared to the Apple band on the right.

image.jpeg

24. soya macrumors 6502

soya

That's the OLD non-OEM version. New version looks exactly like OEM.

25. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

Very true, mine fits perfectly. I posted some pics in the other thread.