3rd Party Silver Bezel Matte option for rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nateo200, Dec 2, 2013.

1. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Anyone know of a 3rd Party Silver Bezel Matte options for the 15" rMBP? Like a skin? I've seen all sorts of skins but never one that replicates the HR Matte silver bezel. I wanted to get a 15" cMBP wit High Res Matte Anti-glare because I just LOVE the look of the silver bezel and of course more resolution and no glare...BUT by the time I went to grab a new MBP they were fazing out the 15" cMBP and I could grab a 15" rMBP with better specs for cheaper :/ I don't regret the purchase but I'd love the silver bezel, whenever I see one on a 15" MBP I know the person custom ordered and is likely an above average user.

The bezel on the rMBP is thinner so its not like I could do a "transplant" if that were even possible :/

Some photos of the anti-glare:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Been looking for one too.

That's why I still carry my 15" 2011 MBP with antiglare screen when I'm outdoors.

On another note, although my Haswell 15" rMBP attracts less glare than the cMBP glossy ones, it still attracts glare like a solar panel IMO, when outdoors.

3. sabbyp macrumors regular

4. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah I've seen those but this is more about the Silver bezel than just find a Matte solution :p I will say the newer glossy designs attract less issues but still...

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Those antiglare films ruin the color gamut.

The matte display from Apple is still the best because Apple has calibrated it so as to retain the original color gamut.

6. nateo200 thread starter macrumors 68030

nateo200

Agreed...Ive seen antiglare films on rMBP's and MBP's and they seam to kill the color gamut and reduce general dynamic range. Its not like these displays are super duper reference accurate to begin with but the matte display from Apple I found to be very very nice. I was at the apple store and I asked the genius who happened to be on the floor and he said that they pulled almost all antiglare films or privacy films for the rMBP because it was producing unacceptable reduction in quality...

7. philsurmac macrumors newbie

philsurmac

Hello buddy...
    I've bought the original spare part silver bezel for macbook pro 17 on ebay and after having removed 2 or 3 small metal things on it, I've sticked it to my glossy screen... and now I have a macbook pro 17 glossy with silver bezel with no problem for closing the lid or anything else. It's just bezel since months, just like I bought it like that.

I just dared to spend 17 euros for the bezel just to try... and don't regret it :)

PS : I guess it will be exactly the same thing for the 15... since the screen and the case have the same size, the bezels black or silver have to be exactly the same too..

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

The problem is, it's impossible for the retina MBP. The retina display is fused directly with the glass.