3rd party speakerphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jellybelly, Sep 25, 2007.

1. jellybelly macrumors newbie

Are there any 3rd party accessories to address the need for a capable speakerphone for the iPhone?

I think Apple's problem on version 1 of hardware is the speaker(s) being so close to the microphone that feedback would occur if louder. As mentioned previously by others, the speaker is a lot softer on a phone call than on playing music.

The only product I just noticed is Cy-Fi, a speaker for bicycling with a transmitter and receiver/speaker. It's not exactly small enough for the pocket, but for those of us with backpacks, briefcases, beltpacks or purse/pocketbooks it could be carried around.

I'm not confident it will work in phone mode though, probably just in iPod music mode. The only device I've seen work in both music and phone mode is the Apple earbuds that ship with the iPhone.

HELP?

2. thestaton macrumors 6502

I've got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-HF82...08JISMU/ref=pd_sim_dbs__4/102-2534686-3264123

I have not synced it with my iPhone or made any calls with it yet, but when I had my razor people on the other end where not to happy. I would clip it on my visor and people would say they could barely hear me unless I shouted. So I tried clipping it to my shirt and then they would say I was shouting at them.

So I dunno.

Maybe there is something better? This thing is kind of bulky, and I certainly wouldn't find myself carrying it around. But it's cool on the visor clip.