3rd party video apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0B1, Jul 7, 2009.

1. 0B1 macrumors member

ok so i've seen the (digital)zoom app for still photos, which adds functionality on the still photo side, but I haven't found any 3rd party apps for taking videos.

It would be good to have a zoom in video, or the ability to video in low light even at the expense of quality.

Does the SDK allow for such a thing? Is anyone out there working on something?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The 3.0 SDK does not really allow for apps to use the videos for much. The 3.1 SDK adds some methods. I suppose the real issue is that it's much harder to work with video than it is to work with images...

3. svndmvn Guest

the 3.1 SDK allows access to the camera for video and the use of videos shot earlier.

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I'm expecting Photobooth effects, crap like that. I'd be impressed if someone made an iMovie type app.

5. 0B1 thread starter macrumors member

ok so i guess we'll have to wait and see what becomes viable with 3.1

I reckon any app that could help with low light level camera use (still or video) would be very popular with iPhone users.

Another idea might be for one of the external battery manufacturer to incorporate some kind of flash/light which could be controlled by a camera app. That's something I would definitely pay for...

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I'd like an in-phone converter which can then ftp to a website. The iPhone can already do it (it does it for mobile me and youtube) - but I'd like to be able to upload elsewhere