Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Good Idea?

• Total voters

CarsonGallo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Oakdale, New York
Hallo, if you've installed Lion you'll have noticed that if you had FrontRow in your dock that it was replaced by a question mark and the app is no more, or if you pressed menu on your Apple remote nothing happens. Well if Lion materializes to have no FrontRow I think well start to see some more third party support for HTPC apps. So thats why I propose this idea for an HTPC app and I want to know what you guys think. What about a port of the Apple TV app. I mean it makes total sense. Its doable, everybody would love to have it. It could even do AirPlay thanks to Erica Sadun. Imagine the entire complete interface of the AppleTV on your Mac. And btw I'm talking Apple TV 2G, sorry 1G's, wait actually I'm not sorry. Cause unlike Apple TV this app can have 3rd party app support which everyone has been hoping for, for the new Apple TV since it runs iOS. And with 3rd party support there could be a whole bunch of third party support for such things like apps and and themes. Maybe an Apple TV1G theme, or a FrontRow theme.

Hagrun

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
Fanstastic idea!

I joined this forum just to say how much I love the idea. Apple TV by itself doesn't do what I want so my TV will always be hooked up to a computer, but having the Apple TV interface on a mac would actually sell me on a new mac for my entertainment center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.