3rd Screen, no connection!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by tom., Aug 25, 2008.

1. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

Hi!
    I currently have 2 x 20" (1680x1050) Samsung monitors and a 8800GT card in my Mac Pro.

I have just bought a 40" 1080p Sony Bravia and I am looking to connect that too for HDTV content. I am looking for the cheapest solution, I cant seem to find an XT 2600 HD (which i think would work alongside? early 2K8 MP) for a good price. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one?

Or possibly a splitting solution as i wont need to use all 3 at the same time, though it would be nice.

A regular DVI splitter is a problem as they are running at 2 different resolutions, so ideally i would need a switch but I can only seem to find a 2 input, 1 output switch (which is understandable).

Thanks, hope somebody has some bright ideas! :)

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

If you want a good price then you need to flash a PC version yourself or wait until one appears on eBay or have a look in the market place on here.

A 7300GT would also work: link

3. tom. thread starter macrumors 6502

tom.

Tried searching, couldnt find a walkthrough for flashing a PC HD2600XT? Anyone have any links to that?

Are we sure the 7300GT will work alongside the 8800GT in the Early 2K8 MP?

4. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Call Apple and ask if needs be. I know of no technical reason why it wouldn't

A new thread on here with the two cards mentioned in the title should get you an answer, there must be someone on here who added the 8800 to a version 1 Mac Pro and is using more than 2 displays.