3rd time faulty mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uzit, May 15, 2008.

1. uzit macrumors regular

I've had my macbook pro repaired at-least twice now because of keyboard and airport crapping out on me, then the keyboard stopped working again! Now for the third time its ****ed up on me and I am annoyed (hence the '****in' :p) I dont want to be without my mbp for another 7days while they are repairing it, you think they'd be able to replace it with a new mbp? Dont really care what model it is, as-long as it aint crapping out like my current one! My warranty runs out on June 11th and in the space of 1month its f'ed up three times!

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

generally 3 repairs of the same component would equal a replacement, no?

3. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I have heard about the 3x repairs thingy but not sure!

I hope they can replace/exchange it...anyone else been in the same situation?

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

The squeaky wheel gets the oil ;)

Or in this case, you should get a brand new MBP. Tell them that you're concerned since it's near the end of it's warranty and you don't want it breaking again. Just be polite and forward and they should take care of you.

5. jtling85 macrumors newbie

Suggest you call Apple and talk to their customer relationship people. Explain the situation and your concerns, such as warranty running out during repair (and not fix of course).

My experience in dealing with Apple in a similar situation is to have their service center to replace a faulty LCD panel on my MBP one month after purchase. Still not fixed after second time. I called their tech support line, and specifically ask to talk to their customer relationship people. These guys were more responsive, and they agreed to exchange a new MBP to me.

No harm to try in your case.

6. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

I rang up applecare and the dudes like no we cant replace your laptop, we will try to fix it then we may replace if it happens again. Not at all happy with this response, if after it gets fixed and something happens again after the warranty finishes i'll have to splash out £1200, I cant really afford that let alone get apple protection!

Going to in-store to see if I get a more fruit-full answer!

7. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Right, I took it in for repair again...then a few days after the repair was done it f'ed up again! I phone up apple and they said that they will replace it, thank ****. How long do apple take to replace via post and stuff? anyone know?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease." :p

Sounds like never repaired it.

They usually ship it overnight.

9. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet, thanks for the reply! They also need to pick up my old MBP aswell...they said they will ring me tomorrow for arrangements!