3rd Time Lucky

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apolloa, Jan 13, 2009.

1. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Well UPS delivered my third brand new replacement 15' glass book Pro today. And at long last I am happy. The battery cover is tight, the hinge is tight, the screen is fine, no greese or finger prints behind the glass and so far no dead pixels. It just had a tiny nick under the F9 key and a tiny scuff mark on the back corner. And talking of the keys they are nice and level! :D
    So I thought I would make a happy thread, I can if I choose call Apple and get iLife 09 for free due to the hassle I've had but I don't know if I can be bothered?
    I will have to reinstall the OS etc though because I totally forgot to check my short name and now my home folder is my iTunes account login! Doh. Anyway thank you Apple.
    By the way it has the Che Mei screen, and it looks great to me.:) So I can now start using it :)

2. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

Dear,

I am really glad for you, but still I find this absurd! It is still ridiculous that it has a small dent and a scuff mark on a BRAND NEW product! unbelievable.

It is also ridiculous that so many Apple products have QC issues. A brand new product should look brand new! Scuffs, fingerprints and other damages made by the manufacture themselves are just unacceptable. We are talking about premium products here, the BMW/Mercedes of the computers.

Very very sad....

(Any of my current Apple products have issues right out of the box. My ipod touch, My ipod Nano, 5 of my MBA's and my Imac)

With best regards,
    Bas

3. dannomac macrumors member

You don't need to reinstall to change your short username.

4. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Well wat I read advises that I would have to create a new user account, log in with it and then use the terminal to change everything with the short username and the home folder. I have nothing on the machine at the mo so am happy to just reinstall the OS.

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Its advisable you do that anyways,that way you can get shot of any unnecessary stuff you may not need ie printer drivers