3rd try: AB Icons?

zellin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
This is the third time I've posted this and have not yet gotten a reply. I'll try to be even clearer this time.
I am having a problem with Apple's Address Book. I cannot change the icon for my card. By icon I mean the picture you can associate with yourself, and other contacts (but it works for them). What I want to know is where on my hard drive Address Book keeps the icons, so I can change it manually if I have to.
Thank you for replying, hopefully!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Try going through System Preferences - User Accounts - Picture instead.

I'm not having any trouble changing the picture of me, but sometimes it reverts back to the default after a restart which is a bit annoying.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
The Address Book uses your user picture for the picture associated with your personal ("me") record. As the guy before me said, if you change your System Prefs ->User Accounts -> Picture, it will also show up in Address Book. This is image is also used in iChat, though you can change the iChat pic to something else and it will stay changed.

zellin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Unfortunately, I can change the Sys Prefs icon but AB overrides it. Whenever I open AB both icons revert to the old one.