4.0.1 Anyone still on this version?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mhdena, Aug 21, 2011.

1. mhdena macrumors 6502

I'm still on this version, thought about jail breaking but never have.

What am I missing?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Are you asking for a list?

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Any particular reason you haven't updated? I'm just curious, that's all.

It doesn't seem like you're already jailbroken, so you won't be losing that. Plus version 4.3.3 can still be jailbroken. Lifehacker has a guide for jailbreaking that's always kept up to date if you're not sure if your upgraded software version can be jailbroken.

4. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I would update to 4.3.3 if I were you. At this point, you might as well enjoy all that iOS4 has to offer, as 5 is right around the corner. It's extremely easy to jailbreak with either redsn0w or pwnagetool. Just note that if you plan on preserving your baseband, anything above 4.3 will screw up the signal bars and show 1 bar no matter what the signal strength. installing ultrasn0w can fix the issue, but it is known to also mess up your MMS/Visual voice mail periodically.

5. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I was on 4.01 up until last week. I finally got sick of all the apps i couldnt use because of the requirement of a higher FW version.

I jailbroke when jailbreakme.com first came out, so i have tried firmware over time, but always downgraded. 4.21 and 4.3 battery sucked and freaked me out enough to not want to try anything until now.

honestly, there isnt much since 4.01. There are a lot of annoyances though. safari logs all of your searches, so anyone that uses for your phone can see what you searched for.

HDR photos are lame.

Animations for 3rd party apps are bad.

Battery life on 4.3.5 is great though. i'm getting about 45 minutes extra usage from 4.01