4.0.1 = better battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jameskk, Jul 17, 2010.

1. jameskk macrumors regular

Anyone else notice better battery life since updating to 4.0.1? I think it might be because it is connecting properly to my Exchange account now instead of constantly trying to connect or something. Anyway, I can tell a difference. Yesterday I had 16+ hours standby and 6 hrs. usage with 25% still left. iPhone 4. Nice:D

2. jmccray macrumors regular

I am actually getting much better battery life as well. I thought it was just me.

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Might want to say what phone you have. Doesn't seem likely it would change anything. :)

4. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I can't confirm the 4.0.1 as I just installed it, but I have been very happy with the battery life on the iPhone 4, especially compared to my 3G.

I grabbed this last Sunday:

[​IMG]

5. bholaladka macrumors regular

6. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I believe its called the placebo effect. After every single update, there are ppl claiming better battery effect even though the update has nothing to do with power management.

7. bholaladka macrumors regular

This looks unreal. Do you use 3g? I get a max of 6 hours over 3 G. Did you disable the 3g during the day?

8. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

No, all features (Location, 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth) are enabled. Much of the usage, though, was iPod. I was doing work around the house all day and had the iPod playing. A chunk of it was phone calls and some web surfing, too.

9. jplusc macrumors 6502a

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

You provided a very reasonable explanation. I'd be interested to hear others with Exchange services chime-in.

11. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

These phones should never die. Every time there is an update the battery get's better. You would think at this point they would just draw energy from subspace.

12. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

I am also getting better battery life. It might just be because the battery wasnt fully "stretched out" out of the box though.

13. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I still have my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.0 and I have similar data:
    Since last charge:
    Usage: 6h. 31min.
    Standby: 17h. 33min.
    Call time:
    Current period: 13h. 51mins.
    Lifetime: 13h. 51min.

And I still have 21% left.
    Sorry, I don't know how to post a screenshot here.:eek:

I always have 3g on and I play quite a bit.

14. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Mine seems about the same.

Although, I did notice one strange occurrence. In the time the phone was updating to 4.0.1 its battery was charged back up to 92% from, I think around 78%. When everything was finished I ejected the phone from iTunes and noticed the usage was showing 1 minute under the "Time since last full charge" section.

After that I plugged it into the wall, switched on airplane mode and let it truly fully charge. I'm now in the process of fully discharging to allow for a battery calibration. I've only calibrated once since getting it on June 23rd so I guess it's about time.

Anyone else have that happen to their phone?