4.0.1 bumps me to Edge a lot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ks-man, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I'm in Chicago and I've noticed that after the update to 4.0.1 my iPhone is on Edge a lot more than it was before (and also a lot more than my iPhone 3G was). I realize that they changed the number of bars displayed, but how come I end up on Edge so much?

I also notice that my speed test on Edge is awful (typically 40k down even with full bars) and I often don't get any real internet usage. I can't connect to my mail server and webpages won't open.

Are other people noticing this since the upgrade either in Chicago or in general?

Thanks.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've been experiencing that a TON with the iPhone 4 in general. Apple/AT&T just blame it on the fact I live in the SF Bay Area. Total BS, but AT&T will finish building an antenna about four blocks away by December. It's been in "the works" for four years, geez.

3. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

So it didn't get worse with 4.0.1?

My phone has definitely started doing this more since the software update.

4. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=979353

I bought iphone 4 this wednesday with 4.0.1 firmware .. I get 4 bars on standby, holding on top it goes to 2-3 bars, bridging the antenna get me 1 bars to no service. I am thinking to return it and keep my 3g for now.

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

Same here, mine seems to kick me off wi-fi periodically. Its quite annoying. Not sure what is the problem is...

6. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

I use a bumper so it isn't an issue of holding it a certain way. This is specifically software changes that were brought about by 4.0.1.